Click Start is a project to help you do two things – manage your money better and improve your confidence online.
Click Start is a project to help you do two things – manage your money better and improve your confidence online. We want to support our customers to understand changes to welfare, like Universal Credit, and to be better connected and access employment, training and volunteering opportunities.
Our coaches can help you to:
- Use computers and mobile devices
- Understand online basics with a ‘beginner’s guide’
- Stay safe online
- Create an email account
- Use social media safely
- Shop online and use comparison websites
- Apply for jobs and volunteering opportunities
- Manage your money online and use online banking
- Improve your access to health services
- Understand how to access benefits and public services
Meet the team
Justin Fellows - Project Manager
Justin submits claims and reports to Click Start funders and supports the Community Coaches when needed. Justin enjoys helping participants overcome challenges and working within the communities of Sandwell and Wolverhampton.
Jane Hale and Lyndzey Brewer – Community Coaches
Jane and Lyndzey support participants to be financially and digitally wiser, helping them into work or training and improving day-to-day life skills. They enjoy making a difference and paving the way for participants to get back into employment.
Click Start today and find an easier way to make it through your day.
Help is available in the Black Country:
- Call Jane - Wolverhampton and Dudley - on 07876 034551
- Call Lyndzey - Sandwell and Walsall - on 07968 628733
- Call Justin - West Bromwich - on 07876 034560
- Or email us
The Black Country Click Start Project is jointly led by WHG and Accord in partnership with five local organisations across the Black Country. Black Country Click Start is funded through the Building Better Opportunities programme. This programme is funded by Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund (ESF) who are co-investing in local projects. Activities undertaken may include budgeting workshops, IT skills, confidence building, guidance on how to shop and cook on a budget, use of internet, email & social media, using the internet safety and CV writing and applying for jobs online via one to one and group sessions.